CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nostalgia

For some reason, over the past few days, I've really been missing high school and every thing that came with it.

I miss the pep rallies, the phenomenal slam dunk games, the football and basketball rivalries of LCHS and Bradwell Institute, the choir, the band, Mr. Etheridge, Ms. Priester, Ms. Patterson, Ms. Bingham, Mrs. Scott, Coach Wallingford, I miss the commens area, I miss having a locker in A hall and three classes in C Hall, checking out the maximum number of library books (yes, I was and still am a huge reader), choral trips, lollipop fundraisers, singing the Star Spangled Banner at b-ball games, slam books, slouch socks, biking shorts underneath tennis skirts, combat boots with band-aids on them, 60's & 70's day, tacky day, black and gold day, prom committee, prom, jrotc military ball (no, I was not in JROTC - my boyfriend was), basketball players - male of course, 2nd lunch (it was the best because it split up AP English), SATs, ASVAB (just took it to get extra credit on our AP US Government final), telling the many recruiters that the military wasn't for me even though I scored exceedingly well on said ASVAB, just knowing that I had my whole life ahead of me, the music (Jodeci, Boyz II Men, Tupac, Biggie, Total, 112, Kut Klose, SWV, Jade), the television shows, the laughter, the good times, the fabled innocence.  Dang I miss 1993-1997.